Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fabrics : Mourning Kraplap


I got a request from a customer on Etsy to make her a kraplap like the one above, but then from fabric and fitting to black clothes. She said: "create your ideal mourning kraplap for me !" after she had read my blogpost about the kraplap. After some searching through my traditional costume books, I got lots of inspiration and made a pattern based on the kraplap from the traditional costume in Staphorst in The Netherlands.
(Mourning Costume, Staphorst - from my postcard collection)

I still had some black and white fabric from Staphorst which is actually used at mourning and decided to sew the kraplap double so that it was wearable on two sides. For the other side I chose a black traditional German fabric with stripes and pink roses, which could be seen as "light mourning".

And this is the result. I like it ! Now I hope the customer likes it too.....

9 comments:

evihan said...

G R E A T W O R K !!!

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

That is so cool! It's a real piece of art that you do--I am impressed!

antigoni said...

beautiful..!!!!!

Kreativlink said...

Wow! Great job! And so clever to make is usable from both sides!

LeelaBijou said...

Amazing job P8!!

artistudios said...

It looks gorgeous!

Martice said...

very nice :)

Andreanna Glamasaurus said...

It looks great!

Willy said...

Hallo Ik kom hier door wat googelen op je blog terecht. Leuk om je moderne kraplappen te zien. Ik kijk hier nog even verder in het rond want volgens mij maak je hele mooie dingen.
Groetjes